- Afterschool Counselors
- Director of Afterschool Programs
- After School Counselor
- • Assists with implementation of activities for children which includes homework time
- enrichment activities
- organized physical activities
- free play
- and snack time.
- • Assists Director with supervision of all children on the site
- • Provides a safe environment for children and follow all required safety procedures
- - Maintain certifications necessary for the position throughout the program.
- • Use positive group management techniques. Anticipate and deal with behavior problems in accordance with YMCA’s Discipline and Expulsion Policy
- Afterschool Director
- This position supports the work of the Y
- a leading nonprofit
- charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development
- healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Senior Youth Development Director
- the Afterschool Director at the YMCA of Paterson oversees the development and operations of the overall school-age child care program and each child care site
- ensuring the program meets its intended goals in all service areas. The Afterschool Director also works to advance and leverage the YMCA of Paterson’s cause and brand.
Employee Safety Measures
COVID-19 considerations: All employees and customers are required to wear a mask and follow safety precautions to help prevent the spread of infections related to COVID-19 and any other variance. (I.e. Washing hands, Sanitizing throughout the day, temperature taken, Social Distancing.)