- Mount Arlington
- Direct Support Specialist
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); One year of experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.Responsibilities and Essential Duties including but not limited to the following as well as any other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
- Provide assistance in daily activities
- which may include bathing
- and toileting.
- Ensure optimal physical/mental health by assisting individuals with scheduled medical/psychiatric appointments and through telehealth
- monitoring medication supply and administering medication
- following prescribed diets
- and treatment/behavior plans.
- Utilize verbal deescalation and personal control techniques
- when necessary
- to ensure safety to individual and others.
- Ensure a safe and healthy living environment through routine facility inspections
- disinfecting and maintenance of the facility
- including Agency assigned vehicles.
- Provide safe transportation to and from work/day program services
- scheduled appointments
- and recreational activities.
- Report all incidents
- including allegations of abuse
- injury and other reportable incidents immediately upon discovery.
Employee Safety Measures
We are currently deploying gloves and masks to employees, as well as cleaning products for the homes, conducting health assessments at the beginning of each shift, and have a facility to quarantine clients if necessary as per the Division of Development Disabilities.